Why should you be forced to choose between aerodynamics and weight, between ride quality and speed? It's simple, you shouldn't. Enter the new Tarmac. Climb on the lightest bike the UCI allows, then descend on the fastest. Specialized utilized their most advanced technologies, from their FreeFoil Shape Library to an all-new Rider-First Engineered™ frame, to deliver a race bike that is truly without compromise. The days of making sacrifices between "aero" and "lightweight" bikes are over-the all-new Tarmac is the fastest race bike, ever. One bike to rule them all.
- Aero is everything. Specialized has been preaching that for years and it's still the driving force for the new Tarmac. In their quest for tube shapes that deliver the fastest frame that the UCI rules allow, Specialized took a page out of the Venge development book and utilized their FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a library of optimized shapes, they turned to the Win Tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike, for more testing and validation. The result? A new Tarmac that's the fastest tested-45 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6. No compromises, just pure speed.
- While aerodynamics were paramount to the Tarmac's development, and to the development of all of their race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously “aero bikes” always compromised in the weight department-the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. With the new Tarmac, the design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. And with the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, Specialized delivered a frame that weighs a mere 920 grams, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality.
- Continuing their quest to develop the perfect race bike, Specialized used a Rider-First Engineered™ philosophy to ensure that the new Tarmac is the most balanced, best handling Tarmac yet-no matter the size. With an army of the world's best test riders from three World Tour Teams - Boels-Dolmans, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, and Bora-hansgrohe - Specialized made changes to the Tarmac based on their thousands of kilometers on the road. They balanced the ride quality between the front and rear end, so even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable-all without giving up anything to the Tarmac's legendary handling and race-winning snappiness.
- Building on the learnings from the Venge, the new Tarmac utilizes simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that's easy to live with. Specialized improved the routing for any configuration - mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. - all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. These same traits also make the new Tarmac easy to work on and easy to travel with. It's a win-win.
- FRAME - S-Works Tarmac SL7 FACT 12r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FORK - S-Works FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- HANDLEBARS - S-Works Aerofly II
- STEM - Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree
- TAPE - Supacaz Super Sticky Kush
- SADDLE - Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base
- SEATPOST - 2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, Di2 Compatible, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER - Tarmac integrated wedge
- FRONT BRAKE - SRAM RED eTap AXS, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE - SRAM RED eTap AXS, hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - SRAM RED eTap AXS, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR - SRAM RED eTap AXS, 12-speed
- CASSETTE - SRAM RED XG-1290, 12-speed, 10-33t
- CRANKSET - SRAM RED AXS Power Meter
- CHAINRINGS - 48/35T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - SRAM DUB BSA 68
- CHAIN - SRAM CN Red 12-speed
WHEELS & TIRES
- FRONT WHEEL - Roval Rapide CLX, 21mm internal width carbon rim, 51mm depth, Win Tunnel Engineered, Roval AFD hub, 18h, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes
- REAR WHEEL - Roval Rapide CLX, 21mm internal width carbon rim, 60mm depth, Win Tunnel Engineered, Roval AFD hub, 24h, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes
- FRONT TIRE - Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm
- REAR TIRE - Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm
- INNER TUBES - Turbo Ultralight, 60mm Presta valve