The new Tarmac is designed to go fast, there's no if's, and's, or but's about that-but it represents so much more than just aerodynamic prowess. With a light-weight, Rider-First Engineered™ frame, it delivers the best-possible ride characteristics, no matter the size. So no matter what you have planned for your new Tarmac, its ready to help you achieve your goals-PRs, KOMs, or podium top-steps. One bike to rule them all.
- Aero is everything. Somehing Specialized has been preaching for years and it's still the driving force for the new Tarmac. In their quest for tube shapes that deliver the fastest frame that the UCI rules allow, Specialized took a page out of the Venge development book and utilized FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a library of optimized shapes, Specialized turned to the Win Tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike, for more testing and validation. The result? A new Tarmac Expert that's faster than before-33 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6. No compromises, just pure speed.
- While aerodynamics were paramount to the Tarmac's development, and to the development of all of their race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously “aero bikes” always compromised in the weight department-the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. With the new Tarmac, the design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. And with the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, Specialized delivered a frame that weighs a mere 920 grams, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality.
- Continuing their quest to develop the perfect race bike, Specialized used Rider-First Engineered™ philosophy to ensure that the new Tarmac is the most balanced, best handling Tarmac yet-no matter the size. With an army of the world's best test riders from three World Tour Teams - Boels-Dolmans, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, and Bora-hansgrohe - Specialized made changes to the Tarmac based on their thousands of kilometers on the road. They balanced the ride quality between the front and rear end, so even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable-all without giving up anything to the Tarmac's legendary handling and race-winning snappiness.
- Building on the learnings from the Venge, the new Tarmac utilizes simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that's easy to live with. Specialized improved the routing for any configuration - mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. - all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. These same traits also make the new Tarmac easy to work on and easy to travel with. It's a win-win.
- FRAME - Tarmac SL7 FACT 10r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FORK - FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop x 75mm reach
- STEM - Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree
- TAPE - Supacaz Super Sticky Kush
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Power Expert, hollow titanium rails
- SEATPOST - 2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, Di2 Compatible, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER - Tarmac integrated wedge
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Ultegra Di2 Disc R8070
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050, GS medium cage
- CASSETTE - Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed, 11-30t
- CRANKSET - Shimano Ultegra R8000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed
- CHAINRINGS - 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Shimano Threaded BSA BB
- CHAIN - Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
WHEELS & TIRES
- FRONT WHEEL - DT Swiss R470 rim, 20mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples.
- REAR WHEEL - DT Swiss R470 rim, 20mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, alloy freehub body, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples.
- FRONT TIRE - S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- REAR TIRE - S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- INNER TUBES - Turbo Ultralight, 48mm Presta valve