When Specialized developed the Tarmac, they didn't just want it to be fast. They wanted it to be fast everywhere. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos-we built a race bike to be the most complete out there. How'd they do it? They started with a Rider-First Engineered™ frame with a perfectly-tuned ride quality for every size, added in some serious aero tech that makes it 30 seconds faster than the Tarmac SL5 over 40 kilometers, and then made it 20% lighter. Nothing is lighter, faster, and better handling.
- For the construction of the Tarmac, Specialized utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of their new FACT 9r carbon.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that's Rider-First Engineered™. Specialized examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of their performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing that can be done to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, Specialized added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, areas were discovered where they could add aero for free-a new fork shape and dropped seatstays with aero tubes. The result? A Tarmac that's approximately 30 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled Specialized to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
- FRAME - Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FORK - FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- STEM - Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- TAPE - Roubaix S-Wrap
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Power Sport
- SEATPOST - Carbon, single-bolt, 27.2mm, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER - Collar for carbon frames
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano Tiagra BR-4770, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano Tiagra BR-4770, hydraulic disc
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Tiagra Disc 4720, 10-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Tiagra, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed
- CASSETTE - Shimano, 10-speed, 11-32t
- CRANKSET - Shimano Tiagra 4700, 10-speed, 50/34T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Shimano threaded
- CHAIN - KMC X10, 10-Speed
WHEELS & TIRES
- FRONT WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- REAR WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- FRONT TIRE - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- REAR TIRE - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- INNER TUBES - Presta, 48mm valve