A SPRINT AHEAD, FOR JUNIOR SHREDDERS
The Giro Scamp MIPS youth bike helmet is packed with amazing features, including some of the same elements found in our best adult helmets, all in a smaller package designed to fit your child. The Roc Loc Jr. fit system with pinch-guard buckle provides an easy way to fit your kids helmet quickly and securely. The wide size range ensures children can use this helmet as they grow from balance bikes to training wheels. The design is inspired by the adult Montaro MIPS / Montara MIPS, and since the Scamp MIPS is available in a range of kid-friendly colors and designs, children will be excited to wear it every time they ride. Scamp MIPS models are available with the Multi-Directional Impact Protection System. We believe MIPS can redirect energy and provide more protection in certain impacts.
- Vents - 8
- Certification - CPSC Bicycle
- Construction - In-mold construction
- Fit System - Roc Loc Jr
- Roc Loc Jr Fit System - simple, durable, dial fit system specifically shaped to match the curvature of a child's head. The shape was developed with years of research into anatomic data to ensure a secure, comfortable fit. A large, rubberized knob makes it easy for adults to adjust the helmet for proper tension, allowing kids to quickly start their ride.
- In-mold construction - fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet's impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows for better ventilation systems, making in-mold helmets lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
- Integrated MIPS - all Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro's Integrated MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with MIPS can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to the rider's brain during certain impacts.
- Weight - 251 grams