The new era in cycling – the Continental Grand Prix 5000 road cycling clincher tire is the best allrounder in the field, brought to a whole new performance level thanks to BlackChili, Active Comfort, Lazer Grip, and Vectran technologies.
- Black Chili - Continental's unique tread compound, which is produced only in Germany. Legendary Black Chili Compound has answered the eternal question of the best balance of grip and rolling resistance for cycling. Regular test wins confirm the measureable and noticeable advantages for the cyclist, established in the laboratory and on the road. The latest polymers as well as specially developed carbon black particles and filler materials guarantee unique performance. The result is high speed, incredible grip on road terrain, and durability that lasts for miles and miles.
- Tubeless - Continental's TL technology is specifically designed to offer Tubeless for road cycling demands. Easy to install and reliable in use. A tubeless bead specifically seals through its unique shape and provides stable fitting on the rim. Continental recommends the usage of corresponding TL-Sealant when using the Continental Grand Prix 5000 TL.
- Active Comfort Technology - The revolutionary approach in cycling. Embedded in the tire construction the Active Comfort Technology absorbs vibrations and smoothens your ride.
- Lazer Grip - Makes you one with the road. The lazered micro profile structure expands over the tire’s shoulder and provides outstanding cornering.
- Vectran - The benchmark in puncture protection. Vectran™ is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran™ is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran™ is spun from the melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk like Vectran™ has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight: Exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bicycle tire as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran™ Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran™ Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
- Weights - 700x25 (300 grams), 700x28 (340 grams)
- Recommended Inflation - 700x25 (80 - 109psi), 700x28 (65 - 94psi)