Get a feel for the trail with this all-new aluminum hardtail made for aspiring singletrack riders. It features stable, fast-rolling 29-inch or more-playful 27.5-inch wheels so you can push the pace on climbs and let loose on the descents.
Built on a new lightweight ALUXX aluminum frame that features classic hardtail design plus the balanced riding characteristics of either larger diameter 29-inch or 27.5-inch wheels, Talon is a great choice for XC or light trail terrain. The frame geometry is specifically designed to adapt to its respective wheel size and either an 80mm or 100mm suspension fork (depending on frame size). It's a confident ride that's perfect for ambitious riders who want to take their off-road skills to the next level.
Key Performance Factors
- Proven alloy performance - ALUXX aluminum frameset is hand-built in-house by the world leader in aluminum engineering.
- Balance and stability - Frame geometry is designed to optimize the balance and roll-over capabilities of 29-inch wheels or the liveliness of 27.5-inch wheels (depending on frame size).
- XC control - Suspension fork offers either 80mm or 100mm of smooth travel for added XC control.
- Frame - ALUXX-Grade Aluminum, disc
- Fork - SR Suntour XCE 29 (100mm travel) or SR Suntour XCE 27.5 (80mm of travel)
- Shock - N/A
- Handlebar - Giant Connect Trail, 31.8
- Stem - Giant Sport
- Seatpost - Giant Sport, 30.9
- Saddle - Giant custom
- Pedals - Platform
- Shifters - Shimano SL-M315
- Front Derailleur - Shimano M315
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Tourney
- Brakes - Tektro TKD 172, mechanical
- Brake Levers - RS360A
- Cassette - Shimano MF-TZ500, 14x28
- Chain - KMC Z7
- Crankset - ProWheel forged, 22/36
- Bottom Bracket - cartridge
- Rims - Giant GX03V 29 or 27.5, alloy, double wall, 21mm inner width
- Hubs - Giant Sport Tracker, 32h
- Spokes - Stainless
- Tires - Maxxis Ikon 27.5 or 29x2.2, wire bead