Choose the longer route. Climb higher mountains. This smooth-riding endurance road bike is purpose-built to help you tackle long-distance road rides on all types of roads.
Handcrafted with Advanced-grade composite material, the Defy Advanced is engineered with tube shapes that are optimized to absorb road shocks and vibrations. Even with its smooth ride quality, it still delivers a lightweight, stiff and lively feel when you're climbing, accelerating and cornering. It's made with a specific carbon layup to give it an efficient, high-performance ride quality that helps you push new limits of endurance. The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar system also help reduce road vibrations, adding to its smooth, compliant feel on the road. A tubeless Giant WheelSystem and tires boost speed and efficiency with a reduced risk of flats. And for added control, it features integrated disc brakes with flat-mount disc brake tabs and 12mm thru-axles.
Key Performance Factors
- Engineered compliance - Advanced Composite frame is specifically engineered for endurance road riding, delivering a smoother ride quality and less fatigue on long rides. The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar system works seamlessly with the frame to absorb road shocks and vibrations.
- Total control - Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Versatility - Endurance road geometry, added tire clearance (up to 35mm) and disc-brake integration allow you to tackle a variety of roads and conditions, from smooth pavement to rugged backroads and mountain passes.
- Frame - Advanced-Grade Composite, disc
- Fork - Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc
- Shock - N/A
- Handlebar - Giant Contact SL D-Fuse
- Stem - Giant Contact
- Seatpost - Giant D-Fuse, composite
- Saddle - Giant Approach
- Pedals - N/A
- Shifters - Shimano 105
- Front Derailleur - Shimano 105
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano 105
- Brakes - Shimano 105 hydraulic
- Brake Levers - Shimano 105
- Cassette - Shimano 105, 11x34
- Chain - KMC X11EL-1
- Crankset - Shimano FC-R510, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket - Shimano, press fit
- Rims - Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Hubs - Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset, 12mm thru-axle
- Spokes - Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset
- Tires - Giant Gavia Fondo 1, tubeless, 700x32c, folding
- Extras - tubeless prepared