Push the limits of road riding and unlock new possibilities with the Giant Contend AR 3. With a frame and components for a smooth, balanced ride, the Contend AR 3 provide confidence and superb control everywhere, from pavements to bumpy roads.
Designed and developed for enthusiastic riders to improve their road riding skills, the Giant Contend AR 3 has both smooth, responsive riding quality and the ability to handle new adventures. The integrated disc brakes and a wide range of tire clearances up to 38 mm allow for agile control over rough roads. The D-Fuse carbon composite seatpost absorbs road vibrations to provide a smoother and more enjoyable riding experience and minimizes rider fatigue. The Contend AR 3 is the best all-round bike for adventure riders.
Key Performance Factors
- Balanced Road Geometry - The frame is designed to deliver balanced all-around performance, sharp cornering and acceleration, and confident rider positioning.
- Soft riding quality - The innovative D-Fuse seatpost design reduces shocks and vibrations generated on the road, and with the Giant wheel system, 38mm tubeless tires can be used. Riding quality is increased and puncture risk is reduced.
- Outstanding control - The sleek all-in-one disc brakes with flat mount and 12mm front and rear thru axle provide constant braking force on wet weather and rough roads.
- Frame - ALUXX-Grade Aluminum, disc
- Fork - Advanced-Grade Composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, disc
- Suspension - N/A
- Handlebar - Giant Connect
- Stem - Giant Sport
- Seatpost - Giant D-Fuse, alloy
- Saddle - Giant Approach
- Pedals - N/A
- Shifters - Shimano Sora
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Sora
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Sora
- Brakes - Tektro MD-C550
- Brake levers - Shimano Sora
- Cassette - Shimano CS-HG50, 11x34
- Chain - KMC X9
- Crankset - Shimano Sora, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket - cartridge
- Rims - Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Hubs - Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Spokes - Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Tires - Giant S-R3 AC, 700x32c