Smooth, fast and fun. This versatile aluminum road bike has been revamped to give it a well-rounded performance ride quality. It's the perfect choice to help you push the pace, ride more miles, and expand your road riding experience.
Designed for aspiring riders aiming to ride a little faster and go a little farther, Contend offers a smooth, efficient ride quality and a quick, agile feel on the road. The innovative D-Fuse seatpost helps reduce road shocks and vibrations, and there's enough frame and fork clearance to run wider tires (up to 32mm) to further smooth out the ride. Engineered and built in Giant's industry-leading aluminum forging facility, it's a true all-rounder for ambitious road riders.
Key Performance Factors
- Balanced road geometry - Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
- Smooth ride quality - Innovative D-Fuse seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations, and a Giant WheelSystem lets you run tubeless tires up to 32c for a smoother ride quality and reduced risk of flats.
- Total control - Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Frame - ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork - alloy, OverDrive steerer
- Shock - N/A
- Handlebar - Giant Connect
- Stem - Giant Sport
- Seatpost - Giant D-Fuse, alloy
- Saddle - Giant Approach
- Pedals - N/A
- Shifters - Shimano Claris
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Claris
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Claris
- Brakes - Tektro TK-B177
- Brake Levers - Shimano Claris
- Cassette - CS-HG50-8, 11x34
- Chain - KMC Z72
- Crankset - FSA Tempo, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket - cartridge
- Rims - Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Hubs - Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Spokes - Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Tires - Giant S-R3 AC, 700x25c (28mm), folding
- Extras - tubeless prepared