Tired of rough roads wearing you out? Specialized has a solution; the Women's Ruby Expert Disc Road Bike.
The frame is among the lightest that Specialized has ever made, and it's been constructed from superlative FACT 10r carbon fiber. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some engineering sorcery, however, Specialized managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that riders have all come to love from the SL4's Women's Endurance Geometry. Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front."
It's called Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. Specialized developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that smoothness, speed, and comfort could be improved in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that tested with the Rolling Efficiency Model, the new Ruby outperforms anything on the market.
Lastly, it's spec'd it with an awesome set of components that are hand-selected to endure harsh roads. Along these lines, you'll find the Expert outfitted with the likes of Shimano Ultegra 8000 mechanical shifting, powerful 8020 hydraulic disc brakes, low profile Roval SLX 24 wheels, and a host of women's-specific components.
- Featuring a Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Ruby. The FACT 10r frameset is exceptional in every way, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness. Meanwhile, the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- The Ruby Disc fork is built from extraordinary FACT carbon fiber for the lightest possible weight, supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
- Comes equipped with a 25lbs spring installed (color: black, weight: medium), and also includes both 13lbs (color: blue, weight: soft) and 40lbs (color: yellow, weight: firm) springs that can be installed to match the terrain you're riding.
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Shimano Ultegra
- CHAIN - Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- CRANKSET - Shimano Ultegra R8000
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Ultegra 8020, hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Ultegra 8000, braze-on
- CASSETTE - Shimano 11-speed Ultegra 8000, 11-32t
- CHAINRINGS - 50/34T
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Ultegra 8000, long cage, 11-speed
- SADDLE - Ruby Expert, 155mm, hollow titanium rails, Adaptive Edge, gel padding
- TAPE - S-WRAP Roubaix w/ Sticky gel
- SEATPOST - Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single-bolt, 27.2mm
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Expert Hover, alloy, 75x125mm
- STEM - Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- REAR WHEEL - Roval SLX 24 Disc, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES - Standard, Presta valve
- FRONT TIRE - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- REAR TIRE - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- FRONT WHEEL - Roval SLX 24 Disc, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano Ultegra 8020, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano Ultegra 8020, hydraulic disc
- PEDALS - Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose balls w/ reflectors
- FORK - Specialized FACT full-carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRAME - Specialized FACT 10r carbon, Women's Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat-disc mounts