The Giro Synthe MIPS™ Road Cycling helmet is the pinnacle of road helmet design, combining the performance gains of an aerodynamic profile and light weight with great cooling power to enhance rider comfort and efficiency in road rides and races. The compact form slips through the air with ease across multiple yaw and head angles, and offers greater cooling power than the Aeon.™ Key features of the Giro Synthe MIPS ™ Road Cycling helmet include the Roc Loc® Air fit system with 2-way fit tuning and Aero Mesh Panels with a dedicated port for securely docking sunglasses as you ride.
- Weight - 270grams (for size Medium)
- Featherweight Webbing with Slimline Buckle
- Roll Cage internal re-inforcement - Roll Cage™ is a light-yet-tough web of reinforcement invisibly molded inside a helmet’s EPS foam liner. It helps the helmet to hold together under impact, and provides an extra measure of strength and integrity that you’ll never notice...unless you need it.
- Ponytail compatible
- In-mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- Thermoformed SL re-inforcement
- Roc Loc Air Fit System - This revolutionary fit system adds a new dimension to helmet performance by enhancing cooling, as well as fit comfort and stability. Using a patented design that suspends the helmet just slightly off the top of the skull, Roc Loc® Air allows cool airflow to pass directly over your head, further enhancing the performance of vents and internal channeling that exhaust heat out of the helmet. Fit and feel adjustments mimic the Roc Loc® 5, allowing you to easily custom tune fit tension and fore-aft tilt of the helmet in seconds using a single hand.
- Ventilation - 26 Wind Tunnel vents with internal channeling
- Giro helmets are developed utilizing our proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system. This elaborate design combines active vents in the helmet’s shell with exhaust channels inside the helmet that thrust fresh, cool air over and around the rider’s head while forcing heat and stale air out. It’s the most effective cooling system available, and a difference you can feel every time you ride.
- MIPS - All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro’s MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with this technology can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to rider’s brain in certain impacts.