When your trail rides include technical descents and challenging climbs, the Giro Chronicle™ MIPS mountain bike helmet provides all the essential performance and protection you need in an affordable package. It drafts off the design language of Giro's premium Montaro™ MIPS helmet, and offers many of Giro's key features. Its compact shape provides deep, confident coverage, and the Roc Loc ® 5 fit system allows you to easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. The Giro Chronicle MIPS is designed for goggle compatibility, and the P.O.V. Plus™ visor allows you to lift the visor and place your goggles on the front of the helmet. The Coolmax padding has great wicking properties, and it’s extra plush to provide all-day comfort on the trail. The helmet was designed with MIPS, which redirects impact energy to provide more protection in certain impacts.
- MIPS - All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro’s MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with this technology can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to rider’s brain in certain impacts.
- Hydrophilic Padding - can absorb up to 10 times its own weight in water, helping you manage sweat while riding. The pad retains moisture to prevent sweat from dripping into your eyes, and then dries quickly. The antimicrobial, X-Static lining helps to reduce odor, keeping your helmet fresh.
- Deep coverage P.O.V. Plus™ visor
- Roc Loc 5 Fit System - The industry benchmark in comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. In addition to enhancing the fit and comfort of helmets, Roc Loc® 5 allows you to easily custom tune the fit tension and the fore-aft tilt of the helmet in seconds using a single hand. And it’s lighter than comparable systems too, making it the ultimate in skull-hugging luxury.
- In-mold construction - fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet's impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows for better ventilation systems, making in-mold helmets lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.