When it comes to e-bikes, you won't often find the words "stylish" and "fun" in their descriptions--that is until the Specialized Turbo Como 5.0 650b Low Entry Disc E-Bike burst onto the scene. With a comfortable geometry, a modern look, nimble 650b wheels with cushy 2.3" tires, and an additional boost from the fully integrated motor, this Turbo Como brings more fun to your bike ride than you ever could have imagined.
Beginning with the integrated Specialized 1.3 motor, it has a higher max torque, max watts, and better heat management and efficiency than its predecessors. It's the most advanced motor ever found on an urban e-bike. Of course, it still features a silent operating design with a Custom Rx Street Tune that takes the output and makes it the most usable for an urban environment. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill both quick and efficient. The belt driven motor is also smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations.
For the Como 5.0, Specialized developed a custom 604 Wh battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, is lockable, and easily removable for simplified charging. In other words, there's plenty of juice to take you to and from work, a trip to the grocery store, or even to that new caf© on the other side of the city. If you wish to see exactly how far you can go on a charge, have a look at the Turbo Range Calculator for more exact estimates.
The new wired Turbo Connect Display (TCD-w) is the best way to view data on your Turbo. It not only displays important ride metrics (speed, cadence, rider power, distance, battery level, time, etc.), it also allows you to connect the latest version of the Mission Control App for an enhanced Turbo experience. With this free app for iOS and Android phones, you easily customize motor parameters, control your range, record/upload rides, and perform basic system diagnosis.
For this model, Specialized included a low-entry design with Ground Control Geometry that makes it easy to put a foot down at a stop sign, while also eliminating the struggle of getting on and off the bike. The agile 650b wheels, meanwhile, have also been paired with cushy 2.3-inch tires, so they can roll over most cracks, bumps, and holes with ease to ensure that nothing stands in your way on your path to a good time. And to top off all of these innovative features, there's a high-end spec that includes Shimano XT/SLX 11-speed components, four-piston hydraulic disc brakes, front/rear lights, racks, and fenders.
- The custom Turbo Aluminum Low-Entry frame on the Como cleanly houses the battery and motor, while still keeping the lightweight properties that E5 is known for. Pair this with Ground Control Geometry, and you have a durable and lightweight bike that'll keep you rolling in style.
- The Turbo Como's Specialized 1.3 motor with Rx Street Tune is the most powerful and efficient motor ever to be found on an urban e-bike. It's fully integrated with the frame, and it's also been custom-tuned for city riding. It intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling, so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- Specialized made the custom 600 Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range. For range estimates based upon a variety of variables, please refer to the Turbo Range Calculator.
- CHAIN - Shimano Ultegra
- CRANKSET - Custom alloy forged crankarms
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano SLX, 11-speed w/ Optical Gear Display
- CASSETTE - Shimano SLX, 11-speed, 11-42t
- CHAINRINGS - 48T, custom alloy
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano XT, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 11-speed
- FRONT HUB - Specialized front hub disc, sealed bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
- INNER TUBES - Schrader, 40mm valve
- SPOKES - DT Swiss Industry
- RIMS - 650b disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 32h
- FRONT TIRE - Nimbus II Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, 650b x 2.3"
- REAR TIRE - Nimbus II Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, 650b x 2.3"
- SADDLE - Body Geometry "The Cup," 6-degree rise, elastomer base, steel rails, SWAT™ compatible mounts, 245mm
- SEATPOST - Specialized, alloy, 2-bolt, 12.5mm offset, 30.9mm
- STEM - Specialized Flowset, 3D-forged alloy, 20-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized, alloy, 30-degree backsweep, 26mm rise, 680mm width, 31.8mm
- GRIPS - Body Geometry Women's Contour
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano Deore XT T8000, hydraulic disc, 180mm
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano Deore XT T8000, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- RACK - Specialized Pizza Rack front carrier, max. weight: 15kg
- PEDALS - Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors
- HEADLIGHT - Supernova V521s, 205lm w/ alloy handlebar-mount
- KICKSTAND - Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount
- FENDERS - Specialized DRYTECH fenders, 52mm width, aluminum fenderstays
- BELL - Simple bell
- TAILLIGHT - Specialized integrated saddle mount, LED technology, 6V
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy, 34.9mm
- FORK - Turbo Como aluminum disc fork, 15x100mm thru-axle
- FRAME - Turbo Aluminum, low-entry frame, bottom bracket motor mount, Ground Control Geometry, fully integrated & lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, Smooth Welds
- BATTERY - Specialized U1-600, On/Off button, state of charge display, 600Wh
- CHARGER - Custom charger, 42V4A w/ Rosenberger plug
- MOTOR - Specialized 1.3, custom Rx Street-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- WIRING HARNESS - Custom Specialized harness