It's cool to go fast, but it's only fun if you're comfortable. Sadly, speed and comfort rarely come together, but the Specialized Turbo Como 3.0 650b Low Entry Disc E-Bike is out to change that. With a comfortable geometry that makes getting on and off the bike and putting a foot down super easy, a sleek and stylish design, and Specialized exclusive, award-winning technology, you'll get an extra jolt of power that'll make riding just as fun as it is functional.
Beginning with the integrated Specialized 1.2 E motor, the Turbo Como proves itself as the ultimate city bike. The 1.2 E uses the same hardware as the 1.2 motor, but it features a tune that prioritizes efficiency. This means less peak torque and maximum output. Of course, it still features a near-silent operating design with a Custom Rx Street Tune that takes the output and makes it the most usable for an urban environment. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill at, say, a traffic light both quick and efficient. The belt driven motor is also smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations.
For the Como 3.0, Specialized developed a custom Specialized U1-460 battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, is lockable, and easily removable for simplified charging. In other words, there's plenty of juice to take you to and from work, a trip to the grocery store, or even to that new caf© on the other side of the city. If you wish to see exactly how far you can go on a charge, have a look at the Turbo Range Calculator for more exact estimates.
The new wired Turbo Connect Display (TCD-w) is the best way to view data on your Turbo. It not only displays important ride metrics (speed, cadence, rider power, distance, battery level, time, etc.), it also allows you to connect the latest version of the Mission Control App for an enhanced Turbo experience. With this free app for iOS and Android phones, you easily customize motor parameters, control your range, record/upload rides, and perform basic system diagnosis.
For this model, Specialized included smooth and agile 650b wheels have been paired with cushy 2.3-inch tires, so it can roll over most cracks, bumps, and holes with ease to ensure that nothing stands in your way on your path to a good time. And to top off all of these innovative features, it's spec'd it with components that are sure to keep you rolling worry-free for the long run. This means that you'll find Shimano 9-speed components, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, and bright LED lights at the front and rear of the bike.
- The custom Turbo Aluminum Low-Entry frame on the Como cleanly houses the battery and motor, while still keeping the lightweight properties that E5 is known for. Pair this with Ground Control Geometry, and you have a durable and lightweight bike that'll keep you rolling in style.
- The Turbo Como's Specialized 1.2 E motor emphasizes efficiency and range. It's also fully integrated with the frame and has been custom-tuned for city riding. It intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling, so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- Specialized made the custom 460 Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range. For range estimates based upon a variety of variables, please refer to the Turbo Range Calculator.
- CHAIN - KMC e9T.NPNP, e-bike chain, 9-speed w/ Missing Link™
- CRANKSET - Custom alloy forged crankarms
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Alivio, 9-speed w/ Optical Gear Display
- CASSETTE - Shimano CS-HG200, 9-speed, 11-36t
- CHAINRINGS - 48T, custom alloy
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Alivio, Shadow Design, SGS cage, 9-speed
- FRONT HUB - Specialized front hub disc, sealed bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
- INNER TUBES - Schrader, 40mm valve
- SPOKES - DT Swiss Industry
- RIMS - 650b disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 32h
- FRONT TIRE - Nimbus II Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, 650b x 2.3"
- REAR TIRE - Nimbus II Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, 650b x 2.3"
- SADDLE - Body Geometry "The Cup," 6-degree rise, elastomer base, steel rails, SWAT™ compatible mounts, 245mm
- SEATPOST - Specialized, alloy, 2-bolt, 12.5mm offset, 30.9mm
- STEM - Specialized Flowset, 3D-forged alloy, 20-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized, alloy, 30-degree backsweep, 26mm rise, 680mm width, 31.8mm
- GRIPS - Body Geometry Women's Contour
- FRONT BRAKE - Tektro HD-T276, hydraulic disc, 180mm
- REAR BRAKE - Tektro HD-T276, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- PEDALS - Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors
- HEADLIGHT - Herrmans MR4 -Bike, stainless bracket for rigid fork, 6V
- KICKSTAND - Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount
- BELL - Simple bell
- TAILLIGHT - Specialized integrated saddle mount, LED technology, 6V
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy, bolt-type, 34.9mm
- FORK - Turbo Como aluminum disc fork, 15x100mm thru-axle
- FRAME - Turbo Aluminum, low-entry frame, bottom bracket motor mount, Ground Control Geometry, fully integrated & lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, Smooth Welds
- BATTERY - Specialized U1-460, On/Off button, state of charge display, 460Wh
- CHARGER - Custom Specialized 42V2A Charger w/ Rosenberger plug, AC power cord included
- MOTOR - Specialized 1.2 E, custom Rx Street-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- WIRING HARNESS - Custom Specialized harness