The Specialized Women's Tarmac Disc Sport Road Bike is the perfect entry-level, high-performance road bike. With a full carbon fiber frame, a list of reliable components, and many of the features found in way more expensive models, it's sure to get you out on the road riding with an ear-to-ear smile.
In order cut some grams from the Tarmac, but to also ensure that it's stiff and compliant in exactly the right places, Specialized took major steps to improving their Rider-First Engineered™ technology. From different layup schedules and materials, to visibly different forks, every single aspect of the Tarmac was scrutinized to ensure you're getting the perfect ride. With this revamp, the geometry was also updated, basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled Specialized to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
And while stiffness aids in the aforementioned, compliance must also be utilized for an optimal ride quality. That's why the seatstays were dropped, and the seat tube shape altered. There's also tire clearance up to 30mm. This allows lower pressures for decreased rolling resistance, increased traction, and more comfort. Altogether, these additions still have the Tarmac riding like a true race-machine, but it also takes a bit of the sting out of road imperfections. You'll be thankful for that on your next long ride.
But why disc brakes? The real question is "why not?" They offer superior braking power and modulation, work exceptionally well in wet weather, and offer a very, very minor weight addition. All this means that you have more control and can go faster with more confidence.
Aerodynamic improvements are the most important thing that can be done to make you faster. Specialized Boels-Dolmans Pro Tour riders, after all, are demanding aero improvements on every bike. With this, the aero goal was to discover where aero could essentially be added for free, by not taking anything away from the hallmarks of the Tarmac design. During the six-month iterative process, three areas were discovered where this could be done--a new fork shape and dropped seatstays with aero tubes.
This Women's Tarmac comes with a reliable spec that includes Shimano 105 mechanical shifting, quick-stopping hydraulic disc brakes, durable DT R470 Disc wheels, and a host of women's-specific pieces at every touchpoint on the bike, like a superlative Oura Pro saddle.
- Featuring a Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac. The FACT 9r frame is the perfect blend of value and performance.
- The 11-speed Shimano 105 shifting is extremely reliable and precise, while the hydraulic disc brakes offer exceptional modulation and stopping power..
- DT R470 Disc wheels feature reliable, sealed cartridge hubs, and 24 front and rear spokes that keeps weight low and durability high.
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Shimano threaded
- CHAIN - KMC X11 EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- CRANKSET - Shimano 105 R7000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano 105 Disc R7025
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano 105 R7000, braze-on
- CASSETTE - Shimano 105 R7000, 11-speed, 11-30t
- CHAINRINGS - 50/34T
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano 105 R7000-GS, medium cage
- FORK - FACT 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- SADDLE - Oura Sport, 155mm, nylon base, synthetic leather, Steel rails
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy, 30.6mm
- TAPE - S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- SEATPOST - S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- STEM - Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- WHEELS & TIRES
- REAR WHEEL - DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES - Presta, 48mm valve
- FRONT TIRE - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- REAR TIRE - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- FRONT WHEEL - DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano 105 R7070, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano 105 R7070, hydraulic disc
- PEDALS - Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/reflectors
- FRAME - Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc