We all benefit from comfort, but all too often, it comes at the expense of performance. Not anymore, though. With the Specialized Women's Ruby Comp Disc Road Bike, you get next-level comfort from a design that's nothing short of revolutionary.
The frame is among the lightest that Specialized has ever made, and it's been constructed from superlative FACT 10r carbon fiber. Its stiffness levels are excellent, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some advanced, dedicated engineering, however, Specialized managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that riders have all come to love from the SL4's Women's Endurance Geometry. Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front."
It's called Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. Specialized developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that smoothness, speed, and comfort could be improved in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that tested with the Rolling Efficiency Model, the new Ruby outperforms anything on the market.
Lastly, it's spec'd it with a host of components that blur the lines between steadfast reliability and outright performance, like Shimano Ultegra 11-speed shifting, powerful Shimano Ultegra hydraulic disc brakes, svelte and sturdy DT R470 Disc wheels, and a women's-specific saddle that provides all-day comfort.
- Featuring Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Ruby. The FACT 10r frameset holds its own with the highest-end carbon offerings, with the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness, while the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- Shimano's no-fuss Ultegra shifting with hydraulic disc brakes provides precise shifting and plenty of stopping power.
- DT R470 Disc wheels feature reliable, sealed cartridge hubs, and 24 front and rear spokes that keeps weight low and durability high.
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Shimano Ultegra, BBR60
- CHAIN - Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- CRANKSET - Shimano Ultegra R8000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Ultegra Disc R8020
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Ultegra R8000, braze-on
- CASSETTE - Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed, 11-34t
- CHAINRINGS - 50/34T
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Ultegra R8000, Shadow Design, 11-speed
- FORK - Specialized FACT full-carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- SADDLE - Ruby Comp, 155mm
- TAPE - S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- SEATPOST - S-Works CG-R, FACT carbon fiber, single-bolt, 27.2mm
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 alloy, 70x125mm w/ Di2 hole
- STEM - Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- WHEELS & TIRES
- REAR WHEEL - DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES - Presta, 48mm valve
- FRONT TIRE - Specialized Turbo Pro, 700x28mm
- REAR TIRE - Specialized Turbo Pro, 700x28m
- FRONT WHEEL - DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano Ultegra, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano Ultegra, hydraulic disc
- PEDALS - Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/reflectors
- FRAME - Specialized FACT 10r carbon, Women's Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat-disc mounts