Fun. It's a feeling that should always be maximized, which is why the Specialized Men's Turbo Levo Disc E-Bike was created. It rides just like a modern trail bike should, and it delivers you the power to ride more trails at a price that won't leave you destitute, living in a van down by the trailhead.
This Turbo Levo benefits from what Specialized learned while designing the latest Stumpjumper. Case in point is the new Sidearm frame design that gives the bike an exceptional stiffness-to-weight ratio. Now, it's stiffer and has a lower-slung frame that's more capable on tough descents, even easier to maneuver in technical terrain, and uses less battery power. Specialized also lengthened the reach, kept the chainstays nice and short, slacked out the head angle, steepened the seat angle, and maintained a low center of gravity. You'll also find a new Flip Chip that lets you adjust the bottom bracket height and head angle in a matter of minutes. It's dialed.
Specialized also managed to increase battery capacity. The bike now gets more distance out of every full charge via a new Specialized M2-500 battery with 500 Wh. The Smart Control feature, available with the Mission Control App, lets you set the power assist to last for either the duration of your ride or until you reach a point you've defined yourself. Battery status is now always on view, too, with both the new Turbo Connect Unit and the optional handlebar-mounted Turbo Connect Display.
At the motor, weight was cut with a new magnesium-bodied Specialized 2.1 motor that amplifies your input by up to 410% with absolutely no awkward surges in power. Specialized engineers in Switzerland devoted years to making this a reality by creating custom software that drives the most cutting-edge motor in its class. And for the suspension, Specialized redesigned it to give you even more control where you need it most. The initial travel is supple, but Specialized added more mid-stroke support, so there's no wallowing about or blowing through your 150mm of suspension travel on big hits and drops.
This Turbo is also the smartest and best-connected e-MTB to date. A Turbo Connect Unit is at the center of the top tube, and it connects the bike, via ANT+ and Bluetooth®, to both the outside world and the Turbo Connect Handlebar Display (available aftermarket). Speaking of which, the latest version of the Mission Control App now has more features and is simpler to use than ever before. It lets you easily custom-tune nearly every aspect of the bike, monitor your power use, control your range, perform basic system diagnoses, record and upload rides--there's even a new Shuttle Mode feature that takes the sting out of long climbs by giving you maximum motor support with less required effort at the pedals.
When it came to components, there was a focus on delivering tons of fun at a tremendous value. This boils down to features like a RockShox Sektor RL fork and Deluxe RT rear shock, tough 29-inch alloy wheels cased in Butcher 2.6-inch tires, SRAM NX/S700 11-speed shifting, SRAM Level T brakes, and an M5 alloy frame.
- The completely redesigned alloy Levo frame features an M5 alloy front- and rear-end, an asymmetrical design, and 29 Trail Geometry, so it's just the right amount of both capable and comfortable. Kinematics of the frame have also been perfected, along with rider-tuned stiffness. Cable routing is all internal, including that of the Command Post IR, while the battery is fully integrated in the down tube, while the minimalist motor is mounted in a more secure, lighter way.
- The custom Specialized 2.1 Rx Trail-tuned motor is more efficient, 15% smaller, and 11% lighter than its predecessor. This successfully places it at the top of e-bike motor technology. It has many other features that no other e-bike can touch, like instant engagement, fantastic heat management, a double freewheel design that disengages the gear box when you hit top speed, and silent, smooth, and consistent output--even at max power.
- This Turbo's new Specialized M2-series battery features a 500Wh capacity. And, of course, still seamlessly integrated inside the frame and is easily removable, too.
- CHAIN - KMC X11ET, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- CRANKSET - Praxis, 2D cold-forged alloy, custom offset, 165mm
- SHIFT LEVERS - SRAM S700, single-click lever
- CASSETTE - SRAM PG-1130, 11-speed, 11-42t
- CHAINRINGS - 32T, custom steel
- REAR DERAILLEUR - SRAM NX, 11-speed
- REAR SHOCK - RockShox Deluxe RT w/ custom air valve, 150mm of travel
- FRONT HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 28h
- REAR HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- INNER TUBES - Standard, Presta valve
- SPOKES - DT Swiss Industry
- RIMS - Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 30mm inner width, tubeless ready
- FRONT TIRE - Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"
- REAR TIRE - Butcher, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST - Specialized 2-bolt head, forged alloy, 5mm offset, micro-adjust, 34.9mm
- STEM - Specialized Trail, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Trail, 6061 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 27mm rise, 780mm, 31.8mm clamp
- GRIPS - Specialized Sip grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- FRONT BRAKE - SRAM Level T, hydraulic disc, 4-Piston Caliper, 200mm
- REAR BRAKE - SRAM Level T hydraulic disc, 2-Piston Caliper, 200mm
- PEDALS - Specialized Dirt
- SEAT BINDER - Specialized bolt-type, alloy, 38.6mm
- FORK - RockShox Sektor RL, 29" Boost™, 150mm of travel
- FRAME - Specialized M5 Premium Aluminum, 29 Trail Geometry, integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable, Command Post routing, 148mm spacing, fully sealed cartridge bearings, 150mm of travel
- UI/REMOTE - Specialized TCU, 10-LED state of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display, ANT+/Bluetooth®, handlebar remote with walk-assist
- BATTERY - Turbo M2-500, fully integrated w/ rock guard, 500Wh
- CHARGER - Custom charger, 42V4A w/ Rosenberger plug
- MOTOR - Specialized 2.1, custom Rx Trail-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- WIRING HARNESS - Custom Specialized wiring harness