The Specialized Men's Stumpjumper ST Disc Mountain Bike uses new tube shapes and an asymmetrical design to ensure that you get awesome ride characteristics. So get ready, because the Stumpjumper ST Alloy 29 is sure to exceed your expectations of how a trail bike should ride.
The design goal for the new Stumpjumper was simple--build the ultimate trail bike, one that feels telepathic. And it turns out that this feeling all comes down to stiffness. Think of it this way: when the frame's telling your hands one thing and your feet another, your brain gets confused with the imbalance and the bike feels unstable. In order to fix this, Specialized had to get to work on dialing-in the materials and shapes.
They continued down the suspension path with a custom Rx Trail Tune on both the fork and rear shock. Suspension performance is highly dependent on frame, wheel, and rider size, so Specialized used their own Rx Tune to get each bike to land in the middle of the adjustment spectrum, and this gives you the biggest possible range to fine-tune your ride. Another focal point of the tune was matching the suspension characteristics between wheel sizes--an Rx Tune was developed for each platform. So, no matter what wheel size you prefer, you'll get perfectly linear suspension.
Steps were also taken to make this bike easy to live with. Threaded bottom brackets make a triumphant return, and there's room for up to a 3.0' tire. You're also free to run whatever aftermarket rear shock you want, since it uses standard metric shocks. And customization is furthered with a Flip Chip that lets you to dial-in your Stumpy to your riding style. Switch it from High to Low and it drops your bottom bracket 6mm and slackens the head tube by half-a-degree. Little details also jump out to surprise you, like a newly designed ribbed chainstay protector that makes chain slap a thing of the past and nearly silences the drivetrain.
The build here is no-nonsense with a focus on dependable, high-performing parts, like Shimano SLX front and rear derailleurs, Tektro Gemini disc brakes, a RockShox Recon RL fork with 130mm of travel, a custom X-Fusion 02 Pro RL rear shock with 120mm of travel, and wide alloy wheels.
- The all-new alloy Stumpjumper ST frame features an M5 alloy front- and rear-end, an asymmetrical design, and 29 Trail Geometry, so it's both capable and comfortable.
- The X-Fusion Metric rear shock features rebound adjustment, pedal platform, and the coveted Rx Trail Tune to ensure you're getting the most out of your Stumpjumper ST.
- A RockShox Recon RL provides 130mm of travel up front, and it lets you adjust both rebound and lockout.
- BOTTOM BRACKET - SRAM Powerspline
- CHAIN - KMC X11, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- CRANKSET - SRAM NX, Boost™, direct-mount XSYNC, Powerspline
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano SLX, 11-speed
- CASSETTE - SunRace, 11-speed, 11-46t
- CHAINRINGS - Steel, 30T
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano SLX, Shadow Plus, 11-speed
- FORK - RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air, 51mm offset, rebound adjust, lockout, 15x110mm Boost™ Maxle® Lite thru-axle, 130mm of travel
- REAR SHOCK - X-Fusion 02 Pro RL, Rx Trail Tune, rebound adjust, pedal platform, 190x42.5mm
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Henge Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEAT BINDER - Specialized bolt-type, alloy, 38.6mm
- SEATPOST - Specialized 2-bolt head, forged alloy, 5mm offset, micro-adjust, 34.9mm
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 27mm rise, 780mm width
- STEM - Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- GRIPS - Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, slip-on
- WHEELS & TIRES
- FRONT HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 32h
- REAR HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
- INNER TUBES - Standard, Presta valve
- SPOKES - Stainless, 14g
- RIMS - Double-wall, 27mm internal width
- FRONT TIRE - Butcher, GRID Casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- REAR TIRE - Purgatory, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- FRONT BRAKE - Tektro Gemini Comp, hydraulic disc, resin pad, 200mm
- REAR BRAKE - Tektro Gemini Comp, hydraulic disc, resin pad, 180mm
- PEDALS - Specialized Dirt
- FRAME - M5 alloy chassis and rear end, asymmetrical design, 29 Trail Geometry, threaded BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, 12x148mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 120mm of travel