If you're like us, the last thing that you want is your bike holding you back from having the ride of your life. If you see rough roads or flowy singletrack, you should be riding, not thinking, "That looks fun, but I can't do it on this bike." Fun shouldn't be restricted, and that's why Specialized developed the Men's Diverge Expert X1 Disc Cyclocross Bicycle. Now, you can get out there and not only explore new roads, but entirely new rides--the bike won't be a limiting factor.
The Diverge is more capable than ever. And with the constant goal to best meet your needs, Specialized took your number one request into account--tire clearance. The new frame will comfortably fit up to 700x42mm tires or 650b x 47mm tires. Along with tire clearance, weight was a large factor in the development, and taking some design cues from the development of the Roubaix, Specialized developed a FACT 9r carbon frame that's one of the lightest in its category.
Next up, Specialized moved away from a traditional 'cross geometry, instead opting for something that hasn't been seen before--Open Road Geometry. You can think of it as a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimeter lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
And while riding gravel and dirt roads on a road bike may add to the adventure, there's only so much that wider tires with lower pressures can absorb, in terms of bumps. With this in mind, Specialized implemented a new version of their Future Shock into the Diverge design. It not only soaks up bumps with ease, but also adds the benefit of extremely predictable handling. That's because the wheelbase isn't lengthening when you hit a bump, so the front end of the Diverge keeps the same effective head tube angle. In other words, when you dive hard into a turn, you won't be surprised by under-steer or sloppy handling. Unlike the original Future Shock (found on the Roubaix), the Diverge's version features a progressive spring that makes this technology more suitable for off-road applications, where stiffer suspension is often needed to soak-up larger bumps and obstacles.
To add to its multifaceted talents, Specialized topped it off with three water bottle mounts, mounts for racks and fenders, and Road SWAT™ kit that fits a tube, CO2, CO2 head, valve extender, and money clip. So while it's one of the most smile-inducing bikes you'll ever ride, it's equally adept at commuting or even bikepacking. And for the spec, there was a no-compromise build, with a full SRAM Force 1 groupset with hydraulic disc brakes, Roval C38 carbon wheels, and fast-rolling 700x38mm Sawtooth tires.
- The FACT 9r carbon frame features adventure-bound Open Road Geometry, Future Shock Progressive suspension with 20mm of travel, and front/rear thru-axles, making it the ultimate tool for your next adventure.
- The lightweight FACT carbon fork is plenty stiff, aiding in handling and a light overall weight.
- Yep, that's right--carbon wheels on an Expert-level bike. The Roval C38 Disc carbon wheels bring performance to the masses. They're lightweight, durable, and ready for your next adventure.
- BOTTOM BRACKET - BB386 Evo
- CHAIN - KMC X11 EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- CRANKSET - Praxis Zayante carbon 1X
- SHIFT LEVERS - SRAM Force 1 hydraulic disc w/ ICJ
- CASSETTE - SRAM XG 1150, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CHAINRINGS - 40T
- REAR DERAILLEUR - SRAM Force 1, long cage
- FORK - Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Phenom Expert, hollow titanium rails, carbon fiber base, 143mm
- SEAT BINDER - Diverge collar for carbon frames
- TAPE - S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- SEATPOST - S-Works CG-R, FACT carbon fiber, single-bolt, 27.2mm
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Adventure Gear Hover, 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12d flare
- STEM - Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- WHEELS & TIRES
- REAR WHEEL - Roval C38 Disc
- REAR HUB - LU HAI RVT50L-K5-B17-AN2-N4-F1,TUBELESS VALVE STEM FOR WC007.
- INNER TUBES - Presta valve, 48mm
- FRONT TIRE - Sawtooth 2Bliss Ready, 700x38mm
- REAR TIRE - Sawtooth 2Bliss Ready, 700x38mm
- FRONT WHEEL - Roval C38 Disc
- FRONT BRAKE - SRAM Force, flat-mount disc
- REAR BRAKE - SRAM Force, flat-mount disc
- PEDALS - Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/reflectors
- FRAME - Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Open Road Geometry, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock Progressive suspension, 20mm of travel, flat-mount disc, BB386