The Specialized Men's Diverge E5 Disc Cyclocross Bicycle is equipped with everything you need to head to work, take the long way home, or hit some fire roads on the weekend.
The Diverge is more capable than ever. And with the constant goal to best meet your needs, Specialized took your number one request into account--tire clearance. The new frame will comfortably fit up to 700x38mm tires with plenty of room for mud, too. Along with tire clearance, weight was a large factor in the development, and taking some design cues from the development of the Roubaix, Specialized developed an E5 Premium Aluminum frame that's plenty light, certainly stiff for hard efforts, and undeniable tough.
Next up, Specialized moved away from a traditional 'cross geometry, instead opting for something that hasn't been seen before--Open Road Geometry. You can think of it as a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimeter lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
Adding to its multifaceted talents, Specialized topped it off with three water bottle mounts, plus mounts for racks and fenders. For the spec, it was imperative that it shifted crisply and braked smoothly for years to come, so you'll find a Shimano Claris groupset, hassle-free mechanical disc brakes, and a durable Axis Sport Disc wheelset that's been cased in fast-rolling Espoir Sport tires.
- Premium E5 Aluminum frameset features comfortable and confident Open Road Geometry, making it the ultimate tool for your next adventure.
- The lightweight FACT carbon fork is plenty stiff, aiding in handling and a light overall weight.
- Shimano Claris shifting keeps things running smoothly and won't leave you stranded.
- BOTTOM BRACKET - BSA, square-taper, 68mm
- CHAIN - KMC X8 w/ Missing Link™, 8-speed
- CRANKSET - Shimano Claris R200
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Claris 2000, 8-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Claris, 8-speed, braze-on
- CASSETTE - SunRace, 8-speed, 11-34t
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Claris, 8-speed
- FORK - Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Toup© Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEAT BINDER - Diverge rack-mount seat collar
- TAPE - Specialized S-Wrap
- SEATPOST - Alloy, 2-bolt Clamp, 12mm offset, 27.2mm, anti-corrosion hardware
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- STEM - Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- WHEELS & TIRES
- REAR WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- INNER TUBES - Presta valve, 48mm
- FRONT TIRE - Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm
- REAR TIRE - Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm
- FRONT WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- FRONT BRAKE - Tektro Mira, flat-mount, mechanical disc
- REAR BRAKE - Tektro Mira, flat-mount, mechanical disc
- PEDALS - Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/reflectors
- FRAME - Specialized E5 Premium Aluminum, Open Road Geometry, threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc