The Specialized Men's Diverge Comp Disc Cyclocross Bicycle has been designed to be a through-and-through exploration machine. It's equally adept at crushing dirt climbs as it is to cruising to the coffee shop or hopping into a local group ride. And while it might sound clich© in a landscape of bike claims chocked full of hyperbole, the Diverge Comp truly is one bike that does it all.
The Diverge is more capable than ever. And with the constant goal to best meet your needs, Specialized took your number one request into account--tire clearance. The new frame will comfortably fit up to 700x42mm tires or 650b x 47mm tires. Along with tire clearance, weight was a large factor in the development, and taking some design cues from the development of the Roubaix, Specialized developed a FACT 9r carbon frame that's one of the lightest in its category.
Next up, Specialized moved away from a traditional 'cross geometry, instead opting for something that hasn't been seen before--Open Road Geometry. You can think of it as a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimeter lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
And while riding gravel and dirt roads on a road bike may add to the adventure, there's only so much that wider tires with lower pressures can absorb, in terms of bumps. With this in mind, Specialized implemented a new version of their Future Shock into the Diverge design. It not only soaks up bumps with ease, but also adds the benefit of extremely predictable handling. That's because the wheelbase isn't lengthening when you hit a bump, so the front end of the Diverge keeps the same effective head tube angle. In other words, when you dive hard into a turn, you won't be surprised by under-steer or sloppy handling. Unlike the original Future Shock (found on the Roubaix), the Diverge's version features a progressive spring that makes this technology more suitable for off-road applications, where stiffer suspension is often needed to soak-up larger bumps and obstacles.
Adding to its multifaceted talents, Specialized topped it off with three water bottle mounts, plus mounts for racks and fenders. For the spec, it was imperative that it shifted crisply and braked smoothly mile after mile, so you'll find a Shimano Ultegra groupset, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, and a DT R470 Disc wheelset.
- The FACT 9r carbon frame features adventure-bound Open Road Geometry, Future Shock Progressive suspension with 20mm of travel, and front/rear thru-axles, making it the ultimate tool for your next adventure.
- The lightweight FACT carbon fork is plenty stiff, aiding in handling and a light overall weight.
- Shimano's no-fuss Ultegra shifting with hydraulic disc brakes provides precise shifting and plenty of stopping power.
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Praxis, PF30
- CHAIN - Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed w/ Quick Link
- CRANKSET - Praxis Zayante
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Ultegra Disc R8020
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Ultegra R8000
- CASSETTE - Shimano CS-HG8000, 11-34T
- CHAINRINGS - 48/32T
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Ultegra R8000, Shadow Design, 11-speed
- FORK - Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEAT BINDER - Diverge collar for carbon frames
- TAPE - S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- SEATPOST - S-Works CG-R, FACT carbon fiber, single-bolt, 27.2mm
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Adventure Gear Hover, 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12d flare
- STEM - Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- WHEELS & TIRES
- REAR WHEEL - DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES - Presta valve, 48mm
- FRONT TIRE - Sawtooth 2Bliss Ready, 700x38mm
- REAR TIRE - Sawtooth 2Bliss Ready, 700x38mm
- FRONT WHEEL - DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano Ultegra 8070, flat-mount disc
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano Ultegra 8070, flat-mount disc
- PEDALS - Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/reflectors
- FRAME - Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Open Road Geometry, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock Progressive suspension, 20mm of travel, flat-mount disc, BB386