RELENTLESS PERFORMANCE AND STYLE
The Giro Syntax MIPS road bike helmet combines a touch of European flair with slightly deeper coverage and high-performance features - all tucked into a very slim design. The outer shell is molded from a tough polycarbonate thats fused permanently to the EPS foam liner using our In-Mold construction process to enhance durability and ventilation without excess bulk. The fit is luxurious and secure, thanks to our highly adjustable Roc Loc 5 Air MIPS system that allows you to customize fit/feel for great stability and long-range comfort. Another benefit is integrated MIPS which can provide an added measure of protection from rotational forces in the event of an angled impact.
- Ventilation - Wind tunnel vents with internal channeling
- Vents - 25
- Certification - CPSC Bicycle
- Construction - In-mold construction; four-piece polycarbonate; interlocking hardbody shell; full hardbody wrap
- Fit System - Roc Loc 5 Air MIPS
- Roc Loc 5 Air MIPS Fit System - This revolutionary fit system adds a new dimension to helmet performance by enhancing cooling, as well as fit comfort and stability. Using a patented design that suspends the helmet just slightly off the top of the skull, Roc Loc 5 Air MIPS allows cool airflow to pass directly over your head, further enhancing the performance of vents and internal channeling that exhaust heat of the helmet. Fit and feel adjustments mimic the Roc Loc 5, allowing you to easily custom tune fit tension and fore-aft tilt of the helmet in seconds using a single hand.
- Integrated MIPS - all Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro's Integrated MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with MIPS can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to the rider's brain during certain impacts.
- In-mold construction - fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet's impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows for better ventilation systems, making in-mold helmets lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.