The Giro Aether™ MIPS road cycling helmet is the perfect example of Giro's commitment to perpetually pushing for better. From the elegant silhouette of the Aether’s industrial design to how this helmet manages impact energy, it’s unlike any helmet ever created and a testament to Giro’s dedication to leading head protection.
Three years in the making, the Giro Aether MIPS road cycling helmet combines airy, open design with a revolution in rotational energy management to advance head protection for cyclists. Inside the Aether, a dual-density EPS foam liner helps manage a wide range of impact energies, while also boasting deep internal channeling to provide cooling airflow. Giro's proprietary MIPS Spherical technology is integrated between the layers of EPS foam – instead of against the rider’s head – giving riders the benefits of MIPS without obstruction to comfort or cooling power. The stunning silhouette is formed by a sleek six-piece shell that surrounds a series of massive vents, with added structural reinforcement via a shatter-resistant AURA reinforcing arch. The final touch is Giro's Roc Loc ® 5+ Air fit system, featuring 3-way fit tuning, that allows for easy adjustment in seconds.
- Six-piece shell - The stunning silhouette is created by merging six individual pieces of polycarbonate around a series of massive vents.
- Progressive Layering - The Aether utilizes multi-density EPS foam to save weight and manage a wide range of impact energies.
- Aura Re-inforcing Arch - Structural integrity is bolstered by the shatter-resistant and translucent AURA reinforcing arch that runs throughout the helmet.
- Deep Internal Channeling - Combined with the massive vents, internal channeling forces air to flow over the scalp, providing remarkable cooling power.
- Eyewear Docking Ports - Integrated docking eyewear ports with rubber grippers help to secure sunglasses.
- ROC LOC® 5-PLUS - In addition to retention adjustment on the ergonomic and compact dial, rider can adjust verticle positioning and tune the contact points asymmetrically.
- 3D Logo - We laser-cut the polycarbonate shell, then press this single-piece logo into place from behind before permananently affixing the logo throuh the in-mold process.
- Nanobead EPS Foam - To acheive a sleek and slim silhoutte without compromising protection standats, the Aether utilizes a micro-bead expanded polystyrene.
See the Giro Aether MIPS Cycling Helmet in Action!