Get a feel for the trail with this classic hardtail made for aspiring singletrack riders. It features larger diameter 29-inch wheels that give it added stability on XC terrain--so you can push the pace on climbs and let loose on the descents.
Built on a lightweight ALUXX aluminum frame that features classic hardtail design plus the balanced riding characteristics of larger diameter 29-inch wheels, the Giant Talon 29 3 Disc Mountain Bike is a great choice for XC terrain. The frame geometry is specifically designed for its wheel size and a 100mm suspension fork. It's a confident ride that's perfect for ambitious riders who want to take their off-road skills to the next level.
- Proven alloy performance - ALUXX SL aluminum frameset is hand-built in-house by the world leader in aluminum engineering.
- Balance and stability - Frame geometry is designed to optimize the balance and roll-over capabilities of 29-inch wheels.
- XC control - Suspension fork offers 100mm of smooth travel for added XC control.
- Frame - ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork - SR Suntour XCT 29, 100mm travel, lockout, with preload adjuster
- Shock - N/A
- Handlebar - Giant Connect Trail, 780mm x 31.8mm
- Stem - Giant Sport, 6-degree
- Seatpost - Giant Sport, 30.9
- Saddle - Giant Connect (upright)
- Pedals - Resin Anti-slip
- Shifters - Shimano Altus, 3x8
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Altus
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Acera
- Brakes - Tektro HDC M275 [F] 180mm [R] 160mm, hydraulic
- Brake Levers - Tektro HDC M275
- Cassette - Shimano HG31, 11x34
- Chain - KMC Z8
- Crankset - ProWheel Burner, 22/32/42
- Bottom Bracket - Feimin FP-902W
- Rims - Giant GX03V 29 6061 aluminum, double wall, 21mm inner width
- Hubs - [F]Giant Tracker Sport QR, loose ball [R] Giant Tracker Sport QR, loose ball
- Spokes - stainless, 14G
- Tires - Maxxis Ikon, 29 x 2.2, 60 tpi wire