Get a feel for the trail with this classic hardtail made for aspiring singletrack riders. It features larger diameter 29-inch wheels that give it added stability on XC terrain--so you can push the pace on climbs and let loose on the descents.
Built on a lightweight ALUXX aluminum frame that features classic hardtail design plus the balanced riding characteristics of larger diameter 29-inch wheels, the Giant Talon 29 2 Disc Mountain Bike is a great choice for XC terrain. The frame geometry is specifically designed for its wheel size and a 100mm suspension fork. It's a confident ride that's perfect for ambitious riders who want to take their off-road skills to the next level.
- Proven alloy performance - ALUXX SL aluminum frameset is hand-built in-house by the world leader in aluminum engineering.
- Balance and stability - Frame geometry is designed to optimize the balance and roll-over capabilities of 29-inch wheels.
- XC control - Suspension fork offers 100mm of smooth travel for added XC control.
- Frame - ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork - SR Suntour XCM HLO 29, 100mm travel, Coil spring with hydraulic lockout, with preload adjuster
- Shock - N/A
- Handlebar - Giant Connect Trail, 780mm x 31.8mm
- Stem - Giant Sport, 6-degree
- Seatpost - Giant Sport, 30.9
- Saddle - Giant Contact Comfort (neutral)
- Pedals - Resin Anti-slip
- Shifters - Shimano Acera M4000, 2x9
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Alivio
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore, Shadow
- Brakes - Tektro HDC M275 [F] 180mm [R] 160mm, hydraulic
- Brake Levers - Tektro HDC M275
- Cassette - Shimano CS-HG200-9, 11x36
- Chain - KMC X9
- Crankset - ProWheel Raid, 22/36
- Bottom Bracket - ProWheel
- Rims - XC-2 29 wheelset Giant Disc-21 29, tubeless ready, 21mm inner width
- Hubs - [F]Giant Tracker Sport QR, loose ball [R] Giant Tracker Sport QR, loose ball
- Spokes - Sapim Leader, 14g
- Tires - Maxxis Ikon, 29 x 2.2, 60tpi wire TR, tubeless