The perfect blend of confident and capable. Designed to help you take your road riding to the next level, Contend SL Disc is your ticket to longer rides, faster speeds, and more fun than you ever imagined.
Engineered with Giant's lightweight ALUXX SL aluminum frame technology, the Giant Contend SL Disc Cyclocross Bicycle delivers a confident ride quality that's lightweight, compliant and balanced for a wide variety of road riding enthusiasts. Seamless disc-brake integration gives you more control regardless of road or weather conditions, and there's enough frame and fork clearance to run tires up to 28c in diameter. The innovative D-Fuse composite seatpost cuts down road vibrations, delivering a smoother, more efficient ride.
- Balanced road geometry - Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
- Smooth ride quality - Innovative D-Fuse composite seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations for a smooth ride quality that improves comfort and minimizes fatigue.
- Total control - Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Frame - ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum
- Fork - hybrid composite, OverDrive steerer, disc
- Shock - N/A
- Handlebar - Giant Connect
- Stem - Giant Connect
- Seatpost - Giant D-Fuse composite
- Saddle - Contact (forward)
- Pedals - N/A
- Shifters - Shimano Tiagra
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Tiagra
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Tiagra
- Brakes - Giant Conduct Disc
- Brake Levers - Shimano Tiagra
- Cassette - Shimano Tiagra, 11x34
- Chain - KMC X10-1
- Crankset - Tiagra, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket - Shimano Press Fit
- Rims - Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Hubs - Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Spokes - Giant S-R2 Disc wheelset
- Tires - Giant Gavia AC 2 tubeless, 700x28