Smooth, fast and fun. This versatile aluminum road bike blends agility and comfort. So you can push the pace, ride more miles, and have more fun on the road.
Designed and developed for aspiring riders looking to elevate their experience on the road, the Giant Contend 3 Road Bike offers responsive acceleration and a more endurance-oriented rider position. A 27.2mm seatpost helps reduce road shocks and vibrations, and there's enough frame and fork clearance to run wider tires (up to 28c) to further smooth out the ride. Engineered and built in Giant's industry-leading aluminum forging facility, it's a true all-rounder for ambitious road riders.
- Balanced road geometry - Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
- Smooth ride quality - 27.2mm diameter seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations for a smooth ride quality that improves comfort and minimizes fatigue.
- Total control - Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Frame - ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork - Aluminum, alloy OverDrive steerer
- Shock - N/A
- Handlebar - Giant Connect
- Stem - Sport
- Seatpost - alloy round
- Saddle - Contact (forward)
- Pedals - N/A
- Shifters - Shimano Claris
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Claris
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Claris
- Brakes - Tektro TK-B177
- Brake Levers - Shimano Claris
- Cassette - CS-HG50-8, 11x34
- Chain - KMC Z72
- Crankset - FSA Tempo, 34/50
- Bottom Bracket - cartridge
- Rims - Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Hubs - Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Spokes - Giant S-R3 wheelset
- Tires - Giant S-R3 AC, 700x28