No matter the length of triathlon, you'll be spending at least half of your race on the bike. And this means that it's the segment with the most opportunity for time savings. Lucky for you, this is where the Specialized Shiv Expert triathlon bike comes in.
Its full FACT 10r carbon frame was developed in our very own Win Tunnel, and it's not only been aerodynamically optimized for straight-line speed, but it also features airfoils that have been optimized to limit side force in crosswinds. A bike can only be as fast as its rider, though, which is why Specialized also developed the Control Tower fit system that let's you optimize your stack and reach numbers in order to find your most comfortable, powerful position for your desired length.
Next up comes the Fuelselage Hydration System that houses a water-bladder inside of the frame, making it virtually invisible to the wind. And to go along with your water, the Fuelcell fits plenty of food and even has room for a flat kit. The best part of the Fuelselage and Fuelcell combination is that, when packed correctly, it cleans up the frame and saves up to 75 seconds when compared to a taped-up system.
Finally, the Specialized Shiv Expert triathlon bike comes spec'd with an Ultegra 8000 groupset and durable, smooth-rolling DT R460 wheels.
- Bottom Bracket - Praxis BB30 w/ Shimano conversion adaptor
- Chain - Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- Crankset - Shimano Ultegra R8000
- Cassette - Shimano 11-speed Ultegra 8000, 11-28t
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra 8000, braze-on
- Chainrings - 52/36T
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11-speed
- Rear Wheel - DT R460, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- Inner Tubes - 700x20/28mm, 40mm Presta valve
- Front Tire - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x24mm
- Rear Tire - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x24mm
- Front Wheel - DT R460, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 20h
- Tape - Specialized S-Wrap w/ gel
- Seatpost - 12.5mm Shiv seatpost
- Handlebars - Specialized Shiv Alloy Aerobars
- Stem - Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Front and Rear Brakes - Specialized Shiv
- Pedals - Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose balls w/ reflectors
- Fork - Specialized FACT carbon, full monocoque
- Frame - Specialized FACT 10r carbon, FACT IS construction, crosswind-optimized airfoils, 1-1/8" lower bearing, OSBB, Control Tower Fit System, Fuelselage Integrated Hydration System, 130mm spacing
- * Specifications are subject to change without notice