100 years ago, we didn't have road bikes and touring bikes—there were just bikes, and that didn't stop anyone from heading out into the wilderness. With this spirit, Specialized built the groundbreaking Specialized Sequoia Disc Gravel bike. It's reshaping long held ideas, and forever changing what we'll come to expect from a bike.
The Specialized Sequoia's path to adventure starts at the frame, which Specialized constructed from Premium Cr-Mo and stainless steel tubing. These materials are coveted for their strength, respectable weight, and tuned ride quality. And Specialized took this a step further by selecting tubes that are specific to each frame size, further ensuring that every frame rides exactly as we intended.
Of course, this is only a piece of the equation, with the next being its dedicated Adventure Geometry. This geometry is unique in that it skews the line between a traditional road bike and a dedicated touring rig. You'll find an ample wheelbase and low bottom bracket for control, but the chainstays and tube angles ensure that you'll be able to travel efficiently and quickly, regardless of whether or not your rig is loaded.
Digging into the details, the frame is outfitted with an ample number of mounts for water, racks, and fenders. And for the build, we included a Cro-Mo fork and reliable parts, like a mix of sturdy Shimano components, fuss-free mechanical disc brakes, and hand-built Hayfield wheels that are cased in wide, 2Bliss Ready tires.
- Bottom Bracket - BB-7420ST
- Chain - KMC X9EPT, 9-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link™
- Crankset - FSA Vero, 7075 alloy
- Shift Levers - Shimano Sora Right, 9-speed
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Sora, clamp-on
- Cassette - Shimano Alivio, 9-speed, 12-36t
- Chainrings - 48/32T
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Alivio M4000, SGS cage, 9-speed
- Front Hub - Front Hub, anodized
- Rear Hub - Hayfield rear hub, anodized
- Innter Tubes - Standard, Presta valve
- Spokes - Stainless, 14g
- Rims - 700C disc, 15mm rim depth, 25mm internal width, w/ valve cover, 32h
- Front Tire - Specialized Adventure Gear Sawtooth, 2Bliss Ready, 700x42mm
- Rear Tire - Specialized Adventure Gear Sawtooth, 2Bliss Ready, 700x42mm
- Saddle - Anza, hollow Cr-Mo rails, aluminum bumper
- Tape - Anza canvas tape
- Seatpost - Alloy, 2-bolt, 25mm offset, 27.2mm
- Handlebars - Specialized Adventure Gear Hover
- Stem - Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Front Brake - Tektro Spyre, post mount, mechanical disc
- Rear Brake - Tektro Spyre, post mount, mechanical disc
- Pedals - Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose balls w/ reflectors
- Seat Binder - Specialized, alloy, 29.8mm
- Fork - Specialized Cr-Mo, internal light cable routing, flat disc mount, waterbottle/rack/fender mounts
- Frame - Premium Cr-Mo size-specific tubing, internal light cable routing, Adventure Geometry, flat disc mount, fender/rack mounts
- * Specifications are subject to change without notice