Sorry rough roads, up until now you've challenged only the bravest of riders to travel over you, but with the Specialized Roubaix Expert Ultegra Di2 Road Bike that's equipped with Future Shock technology, the "road less traveled" is now the "fun way home."
The super-light frame has been constructed from FACT 10r carbon fiber. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some engineering sorcery, however, Specialized managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that riders have all come to love from the SL4, and kept it consistent throughout the size-range due to Rider-First Engineered construction.
Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front." It's called Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. Specialized developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that smoothness, speed, and comfort could be improved in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that tested with the Rolling Efficiency Model, the new Roubaix outperforms anything on the market.
This Roubaix Expert comes equipped with Shimano's latest Ultegra 8050 Di2 shifting, hydraulic 8070 disc brakes, and lightweight, alloy Roval SLX 24 disc wheels that are laced to DT Swiss 350 hubs.
- Featuring a Rider-First Engineered design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Roubaix. The FACT 10r frameset holds its own with high-end carbon offerings, with the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness, while the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- A Roubaix Disc fork is built from FACT carbon fiber for supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
- The Roval SLX 24 Disc wheelset features a sub-1600-gram weight, a 20-millimeter internal width, and an alloy construction that makes it a solid performer when the roads turn rough.
- Frame - Specialized FACT 10r carbon, Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat disc mounts
- Fork - S-Works FACT carbon
- Front Axle - 12x100mm thru-axle
- Rear Axle - 12x142mm thru-axle
- Rims/Wheels - Roval SLX 24 Disc, DT Swiss 350 hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- Tires - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- Crankset - Shimano Ultegra R8000
- Chainrings - 50/34T
- Bottom Bracket - Shimano Ultegra
- Chain - KMC X11EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra Di2 8050, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Ultegra Di2 8050, 11-speed
- Cassette/Rear Cogs - Shimano 11-speed Ultegra 8000, 11-28t
- Shifters - Shimano Ultegra Di2 8070, hydraulic disc
- Handlebars - Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 alloy, 70x125mm w/ Di2 hole
- Tape/Grips - S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel
- Stem - Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Brakes - Shimano Ultegra Di2 8070 hydraulic disc
- Saddle - Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, Hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- Seat Post - Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single-bolt, 27.2mm