The Specialized Women's Rockhopper Expert 29 is the perfect bike to begin your dive into the XC world. That's because we built it to be light, durable, and exceedingly capable, but how Specialized did it is almost as fun as riding it.
It starts with Specialized's new A1 SL alloy frame that has optimized tube shapes which save weight while dramatically improving aesthetics. To go along with these clean new lines, the new Rockhopper also has internal cable routing to further clean up the frame. Lastly, Specialized's Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range. This is sure to keep you ripping and confident while heading both up and down the trail.
This Rockhopper comes spec'd with a mix of durable Shimano components, powerful Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, grippy Ground Control tires, and an SR Suntour XCR-Air fork with just the right amount of travel. You'll also find that Specialized paid special attention to the needs of female riders, which is why every width and length of the components is tailored to women, while the Body Geometry Myth Sport saddle is sure to deliver comfort, mile after mile along the trail.
- Chain - KMC X9EPT, 9-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link™
- Bottom Bracket - Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- Crankset - Stout, forged alloy, 3x9
- Front Derailleur - Shimano Altus FD-M371, 34.9mm clamp, down-swing
- Shift Levers - Shimano Acera 3x9
- Cassette - Sunrace, 9-speed, 11-34t
- Chainrings - 44/32/22T
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore, 9-speed
- Fork - SR Suntour XCR-Air 29, rebound adjust, air spring, tapered alloy steerer, QR, 80/90/100mm travel (size specific)
- Front & Rear Hub - Shimano Center Lock, disc, 100x9mm QR, 28h
- Inner Tubes - Presta, 40mm valve
- Spokes - Stainless, 14g, black
- Rims - Stout XC 25 29, alloy, disc only, double-wall, 25mm internal width, 28/32h
- Front Tire - Ground Control Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead, 29x2.3"
- Rear Tire - Ground Control Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead, 29x2.1"
- Saddle - Myth Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- Seatpost - Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
- Stem - Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- Handlebars - Stout double-butted alloy, 10mm rise, 10-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 700mm width, 31.8mm
- Grips - Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
- Front Brake - Shimano BR-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 180/160mm rotor
- Rear Brake - Shimano BR-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
- Pedals - Specialized Dirt
- Seat Binder - Alloy, QR clamp, 34.9mm
- Frame - A1 SL Aluminum, Women's Sport XC 29 Geometry, tapered head tube,internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger
- * Specifications are subject to change without notice