Fun. It's one word often forgotten about, but always found on the trail. And this is what the 2018 Specialized Men's Turbo Levo FSR Comp Carbon 6Fattie/29 Electric Mountain Bike is all about--exploring more trails, and simply having more fun.
With the Turbo Levo FSR, first and foremost, you get all of the hallmarks that Specialized mountain bikes are known for--a roomy top tube for an easy fit, ultra-short chainstays for nimble handling, and a low bottom bracket that makes the bike feel glued to the trail.
With it, you get the most advanced carbon technologies and engineering that come with S-Works bikes, along with all of the hallmarks that Specialized trail bikes are known for. This means that you get a 500-gram weight savings when compared to the alloy Levo, a roomy top tube for an easy fit and more control, ultra-short chainstays for nimble handling, and a low bottom bracket that makes the bike feel glued to the trail.
Then comes a FACT 9m carbon chassis, with an M5 alloy rear end, and efficient and powerful Turbo technology, integrating a battery, and a new Specialized 1.3 motor that delivers 15% more power than the previous version. This also delivers a sizeable increase in efficiency, while exclusive Rx Trail Tune at the motor smoothly and quietly brings this additional power to the pedals, making climbing the steepest of trails nearly effortless. Of course, the output is fully adjustable to conserve energy, as well, while the custom motor is also the only one on the market that features instant pedal engagement, so you get immediate power the moment you need it, and consistent torque throughout the entire cadence range.
At the battery, you'll find that it's fully integrated with the down tube and easily removable for quick charging or swaps. It has a lengthy lifespan for hitting long, out of the way trails and, along with the motor, it's strategically placed for optimal weight distribution. You'll also find the Mission Control App for full control of the Turbo technology, an integrated Trail Display with all of the ride metrics you need, a Trail Remote that lets your easily switch between modes without removing your hands from the bars, and a power meter that shows exactly how much power you're putting out vs. the motor.
This version also has a durable build kit, with a 150mm RockShox Revelation RC up front, SRAM Guide RE brakes, and a SRAM GX one-by groupset controlling shift and drivetrain duties. It also features a revolutionary new 6Fattie wheel system that decreases deflection and dramatically increases traction, floatation, and fun over the trail. This system also allows you the opportunity to toggle between 29-inch wheels (not included) and 6Fattie wheels, allowing the ultimate in configuration options for the trail at hand.
- The Turbo Levo FSR frame is constructed with a FACT 9m carbon fiber chassis and M5 Premium Aluminum rear end, making it not only lightweight but also quite stiff and responsive. The design includes Specialized's Trail 6Fattie Geometry that includes a low bottom bracket, roomy top tube, and short chainstays. Cable routing is all internal, including that of the Command Post IR, while the battery is fully integrated in the down tube and the motor is secured by a forged brace mount.
- The custom Specialized 1.3 Rx Trail-tuned motor is built for the Levo and features a 15% power increase and a significant efficiency increase compared to the Specialized 1.2 motor. This successfully places it at the top of e-bike motor technology. It has many other features that no other e-bike can touch, like instant engagement, fantastic heat management, a double freewheel design that disengages the gear box when you hit top speed, and silent, smooth, and consistent output--even at max power.
- The Specialized M1-504 battery features an integrated Trail Display and ANT+/Bluetooth module with Mission Control App connectivity. It also houses 504Wh of trail-taming juice, and it's neatly integrated into the down tube.
- Drive System - Specialized 1.3, custom Rx Trail-tuned motor, 250W Nominal
- Battery Type/Weight - Specialized M1-504, integrated Trail Display, ANT+/Bluetooth module, 504Wh, Mission Control App connectivity
- Charger Type - Custom charger, 42V4A with Rosenberger plug
- Frame - FACT 9m carbon chassis / M5 Alloy rear triangle, 6Fattie/29 Trail Geometry, Integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable, Command Post IR routing, 148mm spacing, fully sealed cartridge bearings, 135mm of travel
- Fork - RockShox Revelation RC 6Fattie/29, 51mm offset, 34mm stanchions, 150mm of travel
- Rear Shock - RockShox Monarch RT, Rx Trail Tune, AUTOSAG, rebound and 2-position compression adjust, 197x48mm
- Front Axle - 15x110mm
- Rear Axle - 12x148mm
- Rims/Wheels - Roval Traverse 27.5, hookless alloy, 38mm inner width, tubeless ready, 24/28h
- Tires - Butcher, GRID casing, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.8"
- Crankset - Custom alloy crankarms
- Chainrings - Forged steel, 32T
- Chain - KMC X11ET, 11-speed w/ Missing Link
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX, long cage, 11-speed
- Cassette/Rear Cogs - SRAM PG-1130, 11-speed, 11-42t
- Shifters - SRAM GX, one-click shift-lever
- Handlebars - Specialized, 6061 alloy, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 27mm rise, 780mm width
- Tape/Grips - Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, XS/S: regular thickness, M/XL: XL thickness
- Stem - Specialized Trail, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- Brakes - SRAM Guide RE, hydraulic disc, 200mm
- Saddle - Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- Seatpost - Command Post IRcc, 12-position micro-height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm, M/L/XL: 125mm of travel