We've been there. The trail can be a pretty intimidating place at first. Intimidating, that is, until you find the right bike to start ripping on. And that bike is the Specialized Men's Rockhopper Disc Mountain Bike--the perfect ride for you to find your confidence on the trail.
It starts with A1 Aluminum frame that has optimized tube shapes which save weight while dramatically improving aesthetics. To go along with these clean new lines, the new Rockhopper also has internal cable routing to further clean up the frame. Lastly, Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range. This is sure to keep you ripping and confident while heading both up and down the trail.
This Rockhopper comes with a build spec that places an emphasis on reliability. This means that it features a full Shimano drivetrain, no-fuss mechanical disc brakes, grippy Ground Control Sport tires that add traction over any trail, and an SR Suntour XCT 29 fork with custom Multi-Circuit damping that eliminates the "pogo" feel commonly associated with coil forks.
- The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 Aluminum in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support XC Sport 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and descends with equal aplomb.
- Custom SR Suntour XCT fork features 80/90/100mm (size-specific) of coil-sprung suspension travel that swings well above its weight class.
- The Shimano rear derailleur is built with durability in mind, so you can rest assured that you'll have a reliable shifting partner for the long trails ahead.
- CHAIN - KMC X8EPT, 8-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link™
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- CRANKSET - Forged alloy, square taper spindle w/chainguard
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Altus FD-M313, 34.9mm clamp, down-swing
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano TX800, Ez-Fire Plus, 3x8
- CASSETTE - Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-34t
- CHAINRINGS - 42/34/24T
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Tourney TX, 8-speed
- FORK - SR Suntour XCT 29, coil spring, 80/90/100mm travel (size-specific), 46mm offset
- FRONT HUB - Shimano Center Lock, disc, 100x9mm QR, 32h
- REAR HUB - Shimano Center Lock, disc, 135x9mm QR, 32h
- INNER TUBES - Presta, 40mm valve
- SPOKES - Stainless, 14g
- RIMS - Stout 25 29, alloy, disc only, double-wall, 25mm internal width, 32/32h
- FRONT TIRE - Ground Control Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead, 29x2.1"
- REAR TIRE - Fast Trak Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead, 29x2.0"
- SADDLE - Henge Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST - Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
- STEM - Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS - Stout double-butted alloy, 10mm rise, 10-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 720mm width, 31.8mm
- GRIPS - Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
- FRONT BRAKE - Radius BH-M760, mechanical disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE - Radius BH-M760, mechanical disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
- PEDALS - Specialized Dirt
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy, QR clamp, 34.9mm
- FRAME - Specialized A1 alloy, Sport XC 29 Geometry, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger