Specialized is adamant that you needn't have an elitist's budget to feel like one. Need proof? Take a look at the Specialized Men's Diverge E5 Elite Disc Cyclocross Bicycle.
With a completely redesigned frame, the new Diverge is more capable than ever. And with the constant goal to best meet your needs, Specialized took your number one request into account--tire clearance. The new frame will comfortably fit up to 700x38mm tires with plenty of room for mud, too. Along with tire clearance, weight was a large factor in the development, and taking some design cues from the development of the Roubaix, Specialized developed an E5 Premium Aluminum frame that's plenty light, certainly stiff for hard efforts, and undeniable durable.
Next up, Specialized moved away from a traditional 'cross geometry, instead opting for something that hasn't been seen before--Open Road Geometry. We know what you're thinking, "it's just another marketing term," but for the Diverge, Specialized truly did develop an entirely new geometry. With a touch less hyperbole, you can think of it as a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimeter lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
To add to its multi-faceted talents, Specialized topped the new Diverge off with three water bottle mounts, and mounts for racks and fenders,-so while it's one of the most fun bikes you'll ever shred fire roads on, it's equally adept at bike packing, commuting, or even a spin to your local brewery. The frame, meanwhile, is topped off with a Shimano Tiagra groupset, mechanical-disc brakes, and an Axis Sport wheelset.
- Premium E5 aluminum frameset features comfortable, yet confidence-inspiring, Open Road Geometry. Front & rear thru-axles are also included, making this Diverge the ultimate tool for your next adventure.
- The lightweight FACT carbon fork is plenty stiff, aiding in handling, rigidity, and an overall light weight.
- Featuring a reflective sidewall, two-layers of BlackBelt flat protection, and a durable compound, the Espoir Sport tire is an appropriate addition to the Diverge's adventure-ready heritage.
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Included w/ crankset
- CHAIN - KMC X10, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
- CRANKSET - Praxis Alba 2D
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Tiagra
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Tiagra, braze-on
- CASSETTE - Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed, 11-32t
- CHAINRINGS - 48/32T
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Tiagra, long cage, 10-speed
- FORK - Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Toup© Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy rack mount seat collar, 31.8mm
- TAPE - Specialized S-Wrap
- SEATPOST - Alloy, 2-bolt clamp
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- STEM - Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- WHEELS & TIRES
- REAR WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- INNER TUBES - 700x28/38mm, 48mm Presta valve
- FRONT TIRE - Espoir Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm
- REAR TIRE - Espoir Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm
- FRONT WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- FRONT BRAKE - Tektro Mira, flat-mount, mechanical disc
- REAR BRAKE - Tektro Mira, flat-mount, mechanical disc
- PEDALS - Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose balls w/ reflectors
- FRAME - Specialized E5 Premium Aluminum, Open Road Geometry, threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat mount disc