If you're looking for the perfect bike to tackle you first triathlon, or if you're just looking to set a new PR, the wind-cheating Specialized Shiv Elite triathlon bike should be your weapon of choice against the wind.
Its full FACT 10r carbon frame was developed in the Specialized Win Tunnel, and it's not only been aerodynamically optimized for straight-line speed, but it also features airfoils that have been optimized to limit side force in crosswinds. A bike can only be as fast as its rider, though, which is why Specialized also developed the Control Tower fit system that let's you optimize your stack and reach numbers in order to find your most comfortable, powerful position for your desired length.
Next up comes the Fuelselage Hydration System that houses a water- bladder inside of the frame, making it virtually invisible to the wind. And to go along with your water, the Fuelcell fits plenty of food and even has room for a flat kit. The best part of the Fuelselage and Fuelcell combination is that, when packed correctly, it cleans up the frame and saves up to 75 seconds when compared to a taped-up system.
Finally, the Shiv Elite comes spec'd with a mix of Shimano 105 and Praxis components, and it's been topped off with durable, smooth-rolling DT R460 wheels.
- Chain - KMC X11EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- Bottom Bracket - Included w/crankset
- Crankset - Praxis Zayante, BB30
- Cassette - Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-28t
- Front Derailleur - Shimano 105 EZ, braze-on
- Chainrings - Carbon fiber spider, 52/36T
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano 105, 11-speed
- Rear Wheel - DT R460, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- Inner Tubes - 700x20/28mm, 40mm Presta Valve
- Front Tire - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x24mm
- Rear Tire - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x24mm
- Front Wheel - DT R460, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 20h
- Tape - Specialized S-Wrap w/gel
- Seatpost - 12.5mm Shiv Seatpost
- Stem - Specialized, 3D forged ally, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Handlebars - Specialized Shiv Alloy Aerobars
- Front Brake - Specialized Shiv
- Rear Brake - Specialized Shiv
- Pedals - Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose balls w/reflectors
- Fork - Specialized Fact carbon, full monocoque
- Frame - Specialized Fact 10r carbon, Fact IS construction, crosswind-optimized airfoils, 1-1/8" lower bearing, OSBB, Control Tower Fit System, Fuelselage Integrated Hydration System, 130mm spacing